Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> I'm going to look into implementing timezone while awaiting comments on v6.

I attempted this in the attached v7. There are 4 new functions for
truncating timestamptz on an interval -- with and without origin, and
with and without time zone.

Parts of it are hackish, and need more work, but I think it's in
passable enough shape to get feedback on. The origin parameter logic
was designed with timestamps-without-time-zone in mind, and
retrofitting time zone on top of that was a bit messy. There might be
bugs.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment