Re: php generator sample - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andrej
Subject Re: php generator sample
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 14 November 2012 07:37, John R. Sowden <jsowden@americansentry.net> wrote:
> I have been writing applications for my company in dbase II(CP/M), foxbase,
> and foxpro(DOS) since 1980.  It seems that the sql databases require me to
> learn a new language (usually C related) in order to create applications
> that access the databases.

There are postgres bindings for a host of languages.

As you're on ubuntu try this
apt-cache search postgres (maybe pipe to less ;}) and look through the list...
you'll find support for perl, python, haskell, c, c++ ... if you want
to build your
own (platform independent)  GUIs investigate Qt ...

>  Now I just found a php generator, but I could
> find no sample to see what the code looks like, or run a sample application.
> Does this exist?  I run Ubuntu Linux 12.10 if that is an issue.

Not sure how you searched, but there ARE examples out there.
http://www.phpmaniac.net/wiki/index.php/PHP_PDO#PostgreSQL_Example

Just to name one ... if you're into books have a look at
http://books.google.co.nz/books/about/Beginning_PHP_and_PostgreSQL_E_Commerce.html?id=vyqJWtE2d94C&redir_esc=y

\> tia,
> John Sowden

Cheers,