Re: nextval parameter is not clear - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Kirk Wolak
Subject Re: nextval parameter is not clear
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 10:06 PM Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 9:58 AM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 12:40 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2022-11-24 at 15:50 -0500, Kirk Wolak wrote:
..
Regardless of the above choice for the example, it seems appropriate for this page, somewhere, to mention this function and link to its page.

I'd even argue for moving that function definition here.

David J.

Okay, I've really reworked the example, and it all tests out.
I took the advice of Laurenz about the separate section outside the table.
I did not move the function, it seemed alphabetical where it was (easy enough to move), but I did use that function twice!

Break out the RED ink and let me know what you think!

Kirk

Okay, forgive me again.  I've figured out how to rebase against the latest master.  There are no changes from the previous post.
But the diff file contains updated references (I have no idea if this helps, but I was unable to "view" someone elses file with diffs without that).

Laurenz,
  Your feedback would be appreciated.  If we keep the "play" schema, I think a comment at the end of the section reminding them to DROP that schema would be nice.

Kirk
Attachment