Re: While only running pg_dump, postgresql performs writes inside base/ directory. How can we stop this? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Spiros Ioannou
Subject Re: While only running pg_dump, postgresql performs writes inside base/ directory. How can we stop this?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jeff,
autovacuum is off on the DB running on the filesystem snapshot.
What "hint bits" do you suppose it is setting? It's running only one COPY command for days. Do you have any suggestions to make it more "read only" ?