Re: psql -af > out, is possible to also have raise notice, raise info part. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jian he
Subject Re: psql -af > out, is possible to also have raise notice, raise info part.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 12:06 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 8:52 PM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi.
>>
>> test.sql content:
>> do $$
>> begin
>>   raise info 'information message %', now() ;
>>   raise debug 'debug message %', now();
>>   raise notice 'notice message %', now();
>> end $$;
>> psql -af test.sql > test.out
>>

> You've only redirected stdout (file # 1 - implied), the "raise" stuff goes to stderr (file # 2)
>
> IIRC you can do:
>
> psql -af test.sql > test.out 2>&1
>
> (order matters, left-to-right)
>
> But you can search online for "output redirection in Linux" or some such if you want to learn the Linux command line
better.

> David J.

thanks.
I don't know that "raise" stuff goes to stderr.
To get rid of the line numbers, I use "psql -a < test.sql > test.out
2>&1 " to get the expected result.