Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jian he
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 5:35 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On 5/15/24 9:45 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Attached is a copy of the PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement
> > draft. This contains a user-facing summary of some of the features that
> > will be available in the Beta, as well as a call to test. I've made an
> > effort to group them logically around the different workflows they affect.
> >
> > A few notes:
> >
> > * The section with the features is not 80-char delimited. I will do that
> > before the final copy
> >
> > * There is an explicit callout that we've added in the SQL/JSON features
> > that were previously reverted in PG15. I want to ensure we're
> > transparent about that, but also use it as a hook to get people testing.
> >
> > When reviewing:
> >
> > * Please check for correctness of feature descriptions, keeping in mind
> > this is targeted for a general audience
> >
> > * Please indicate if you believe there's a notable omission, or if we
> > should omit any of these callouts
> >
> > * Please indicate if a description is confusing - I'm happy to rewrite
> > to ensure it's clearer.
> >
> > Please provide feedback no later than Wed 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC. As the
> > beta release takes some extra effort, I want to ensure all changes are
> > in with time to spare before release day.
>
> Thanks for all the feedback to date. Please see the next revision.
> Again, please provide feedback no later than 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

release note (https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html)
is
"Add jsonpath methods to convert JSON values to other JSON data types
(Jeevan Chalke)"

>> Additionally, PostgreSQL 17 adds more functionality to its `jsonpath` implementation, including the ability to
convertJSON values to different data types.
so, I am not sure this is 100% correct.