Re: GSOC Application - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From pavan gudivada
Subject Re: GSOC Application
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for your response.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 6:02 PM Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
Hi, Pavan!

> 12 марта 2019 г., в 12:01, pavan gudivada <pavangudivada163202@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> I am Pavan_Gudivada.I have good knowledge in  HTML, CSS,JAVASCRIPT,PYTHON and SQL.After i know about  PostgreSQL and its contributions through open source .i am also intersted to take part in Read/write transaction-level routing in Odyssey (2019).
> Looking forward for quick response from your side and i want to join your team and contribute to development of PostgreSQL.

That's great that you want to contribute to PostgreSQL! And development of Odyssey is one of many cool project ides proposed by PostgreSQL for GSoC.

I'm one of the mentors for any project that would relate to Odyssey. And I'll be happy to answer any question about Odyssey.

But I should note one important things: Odyssey is written completely in C. There is no HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PYTHON and even SQL. Though, discussed project relates to SQL to some degree.
There are some ideas requiring Python, I'd like to encourage you look closer to them.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.