Re: Maybe don't process multi xmax in FreezeMultiXactId() if it is already marked as invalid? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maxim Orlov
Subject Re: Maybe don't process multi xmax in FreezeMultiXactId() if it is already marked as invalid?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Maybe, I'm too bold, but looks like a kinda bug to me.  At least, I don't understand why we do not check the HEAP_XMAX_INVALID flag.
My guess is nobody noticed, that MultiXactIdIsValid call does not check the mentioned flag in the "first" condition, but it's all my speculation.
Does anyone know if there are reasons to deliberately ignore the HEAP_XMAX INVALID flag? Or this is just an unfortunate oversight.

PFA, my approach on this issue.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.