Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maxim Orlov
Subject Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 at 15:38, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

That is true for pg_multixact/offsets. We will indeed need to add an
epoch and introduce the concept of FullMultiXactIds for that. However,
we can change pg_multixact/members independently of that. We can extend
MultiXactOffset from 32 to 64 bits, and eliminate pg_multixact/members
wraparound, while keeping multi-xids 32 bits wide.

Yes, you're totally correct. If it will be committable that way, I'm all for that.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.