Re: Updated patches - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Neel Patel
Subject Re: Updated patches
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Harshal,

Please find below review comments.

- While applying the patch, we are getting warning regarding "trailing whitespace.". Please remove the warning.
- We are getting error saying "IndexError: tuple index out of range" on python side while connecting to "template0" database.
- Many properties are not getting displayed in "Properties" window when we click on any database. Check for pgadmin3 to show all the properties.
  e.g.  Connected, System Database, Allow connections etc..
- Do proper formatting while displaying SQL statements in SQL tab. Below statement semicolon should not be in next line.
   e.g.
      CREATE DATABASE postgres
      WITH OWNER = postgres
      ENCODING = 'UTF8'
      TABLESPACE = pg_default
    ;

- While creating the new database, tablespace drop down values are not filled correctly. Current it shows the "Template" field value which is wrong.
- By default, when user does not specify any "collation" and "character type" then it should be set as "en_US.UTF8" and accordingly it should display in
  Properties and SQL window.
- When we connect to database 9.1 then query is getting failed to execute. Below are the error.

  2016-02-02 11:46:59,597: ERROR pgadmin: Failed to execute query (execute_dict) for the server #3- DB:test_db_1 (Query-id: 9678389):
Error Message:function expression in FROM cannot refer to other relations of same query level
LINE 27:   aclexplode(datacl) d

- When we edit any database and PG version is 9.1 then in default privileges the "Types" tab should not allow to enter the value or it should not be
  displayed.
- We are not able to edit any database if PG version is 9.1 as we are getting error due to query is getting failed.
- We need to implement "Statistics" tab window implementation to show the different properties.
- When we add new parameters in "Variables", it generates the wrong SQL. In the below Query it should add the database name as well.

  Wrong SQL : -
      ALTER ROLE role1 SET transaction_read_only TO 'on';
  Correct SQL:-
      ALTER ROLE role1 IN DATABASE test_db_3 SET transaction_read_only = 'on';

- While editing the existing database, enter some of the values from "Variables". Though we add the valid value, it shows error saying "Please enter
  some value". It should not display the message and allow user to set the modified parameters.
- When we click on any database, it shows the properties of the selected node in "Properties" tab. In that window, all the database properties should be
  "Read only". We should not change the database properties from "Properties" panel.
- In "Security" tab, After adding new privilege, we are not able to add the second privilege due to scroll bar issue.
- After clicking on "Add" button in security tab, "Save" button is getting disabled so we are not able to save the modified parameters.

We are still reviewing the code and we will send more comments once the review will be completed.

Thanks,
Neel Patel