Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mohamed Hashim
Subject Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!!
Date
Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!!  ("Tomas Vondra" <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses.

Sorry for late response

Earlier we used Postgres8.3.10 with Desktop computer (as server) and configuration of the system (I2 core with 4GB RAM) and also the application was slow  i dint change any postgres config settings.

May be because of low config We thought the aplication is slow so we opted to go for higher configuration server(with RAID 1) which i mentioned earlier.

I thought the application will go fast but unfortunately there is no improvement so i tried to change the postgres config settings and trying to tune my queries wherever possible but still i was not able to..........improve the performance..

So will it helpful if we try GIST or GIN for integer array[] colum (source_detail) with enable_seqscan=off and default_statistics_target=1000?

Regards
Hashim