Re: BUG #13725: Logical Decoding - wrong results with large transactions and unfortunate timing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Shulgin, Oleksandr
Subject Re: BUG #13725: Logical Decoding - wrong results with large transactions and unfortunate timing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> On 2015-10-26 13:21:44 +0200, ofir.manor@gmail.com wrote:
> > Yes, this is a small script to reproduce, the real code is Java, we saw
> > sporadic wrong results.
> > However, I'm interested in CDC (get change notifications per row to my
> > app), not PG-to-PG replication.
>
> The streaming interface exists for row-by-row notification as well, and
> is a *LOT* more efficient.

Yeah, but I don't think there's a workable Java implementation available
yet?

If there's a bug here, we obviously need to fix it nonetheless.

I would assume re-calculating end_of_wal in the while loop condition would
fix this?  One can obviously run out of memory with a more WAL-intensive
example, but I would not consider that a bug of this interface.

--
Alex