Re: Postgres is using 100% CPU - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ashik S L
Subject Re: Postgres is using 100% CPU
Date
Re: Postgres is using 100% CPU  (Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@verizon.net>)
List pgsql-performance
We are using postgres SQL version 8.4.17..
Postgres DB szie is 900 MB and we are inserting 273 rows at once .and
each row is of 60 bytes.Every time we insert 16380 bytes of data.
I tried to make some config changes using above link. But I did not
see any improvement.
I made following changes in postgres.conf file:
shared_buffers = 512MB // It was 32MB
work_mem = 30MB
effective_cache_size = 512MB // I tried with 128MB 256MB also

Please let me know any config changes that I can try out.

Thanks,
Ashik