Re: BUG #13660: serializable snapshotting hangs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris Pacejo
Subject Re: BUG #13660: serializable snapshotting hangs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

> A change like that would need to be considered an enhancement, not
> a bug fix, so it would not be something we could back-patch to
> stable branches (or even, at this point, version 9.5).  Given that
> it is only a few straightforward lines of code, I'll see about
> getting a patch into the next CommitFest so it has a shot at
> getting into the release *after* 9.5.  If you're comfortable doing
> your own builds from source, you might want to be an "early
> adopter" of this patch, once it is written and reviewed.

Thanks.  We'd love to be an early adopter; we already build some parts
from source (we use pg_dump --snapshot).  We require that different
databases do not block each other and would prefer to avoid the added
complexity of running multiple servers so we'd love to try it out as
soon as it is ready.

Thanks for all the info and your help with this issue.