tablespace backup and recovery from or to remote machine - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Karuna Karpe
Subject tablespace backup and recovery from or to remote machine
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

          I am doing streaming replication in 2 remote machines.  On primary server I have two tablespaces. Then I start baseback and copy data directory on primary to standby server I use rsync command.

rsync -r /opt/PostgresPlus/9.0/data/ root@192.168.0.115:/opt/PostgresPlus/data_standby

When I run rsync command I got following error massage.

          skipping non-regular file "pg_tblspc/16387

For that I again run rsync command as follow:

rsync -rk ../data/ root@192.168.0.115:/opt/PostgresPlus/data_standby

It is run properly.  But all data in the tablespace on primary server is in one location only (i.e. ../pg_tblspc/16387), there is no any symbolic link.  But I want this all data in '../pg_tblspc/16387' this directory to another location that '/opt/PostgresPlus/tablespace1' on standby server.

Is this possible that creating link between '../pg_tblspc/16387' to '/opt/PostgresPlus/tablespace1' dynamicaly?

and Is it possible that we define exiting tablespace location at the time of restore database on another server?

Please give me solution for that.

Thank You.

Regards,
Karuna Karpe.