Table as argument in postgres function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From RAJIN RAJ K
Subject Table as argument in postgres function
Date
Re: Table as argument in postgres function  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I'm trying to convert SAP Hana procedures in PG and i'm not able to handle below scenario in Postgres 11

Scenario: I want to pass a table (Multiple rows) to function and use it inside as a temp table.

Sample Code:

create a table tbl_id (id int, name character varying (10));
insert few rows to tbl_id;
create a function myfun (in tt_table <How to define a table type here> )
begin
return setof table(few columns)
begin
as
select id,name into lv_var1,lv_var2;
from tt_table --> Want to use the input table
where id = <some value>;
return query
select *
from tbl2 where id in (select id from tt_table); --> Want to use the input table
end;
I don't want to go with dynamic sql, is there any other way to declare a table as input argument and use it a normal temp table inside the function body?
--> Function invocation issue:
select * from myfun(tbl_id);
How to invoke a function by passing a table as argument?
Regards,
Rajin