Can I use .pgpass in logical replication? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From JaeWon Lee
Subject Can I use .pgpass in logical replication?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi ^^ I'm using Logical replication. I made subscription like below.

=# CREATE SUBSCRIPTION mysub CONNECTION 'host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=5432
     user=postgres dbname=mydb password=<password>' PUBLICATION mypub;
NOTICE:  created replication slot "mysub" on publisher
CREATE SUBSCRIPTION

But I wonder if I can use .pgpass file to provide password. Of course, I tried it. But it failed like below.

=# CREATE SUBSCRIPTION mysub CONNECTION 'host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=5432
    user=postgres dbname=mydb' PUBLICATION mypub;
ERROR:  could not connect to the publisher: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

[My .pgpass]

localhost:5432:postgres:postgres:<password>
localhost:5432:mydb:postgres:<password>
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5432:mydb:postgres:<password>

This .pgpass file works well for pgAgent.

Can I use .pgpass file for logical replication? or Should I write my password in CREATE statement? If writing password in CREATE command is the only answer, is it secure?