Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 1:08 PM davinder singh <davindersingh2692@gmail.com> wrote:

I am working on “pg_locale compilation error with Visual Studio 2017”, Related threads[1],[2].
We are getting compilation error in static char *IsoLocaleName(const char *winlocname) function in pg_locale.c file. This function is trying to convert the locale name into the Unix style. For example, it will change the locale name "en-US" into "en_US".

How do you reproduce this issue with Visual Studio? I see there is an ifdef directive above IsoLocaleName():

#if defined(WIN32) && defined(LC_MESSAGES)

I would expect  defined(LC_MESSAGES) to be false in MSVC.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha