Re: GEQO and join_collapse_limit correlation - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Subject Re: GEQO and join_collapse_limit correlation
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

GEQO's only function, basically, is to search for the join order to use.
If you're constraining the join order completely with
join_collapse_limit=1 then forcing the GEQO path to be taken would just
add pointless overhead.  (If it does anything at all ... I don't remember
the logic exactly but we might be bright enough not to bother with GEQO in
such a situation, regardless of geqo_threshold.)

Got it. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría