A server crash with a SQL procedure returning a user-defined type on 14.8 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Yahor Yuzefovich
Subject A server crash with a SQL procedure returning a user-defined type on 14.8
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello there,

I believe I encountered a bug with the following reproduction steps:

CREATE TYPE typ AS (a INT, b INT); CREATE PROCEDURE p_udt(OUT typ) AS $$ SELECT (1, 2); $$ LANGUAGE SQL; CALL p_udt(NULL);

which results in a server crash on version 14.8:

before or while processing the request.

The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

Failed.

Best,

Yahor Yuzefovich