Re: Patch to make pgindent work cleanly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: Patch to make pgindent work cleanly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 01:34:49PM -0400, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> Can you also improve the output when it dies upon failure to fetch something?
> Currently the only error message it emits is "fetching xyz", and leaves the
> user confused as to what really the problem was. The only indication of a
> problem might be the exit code,  but I'm not sure of that, and that doesn't
> help the interactive user running it on terminal.

Good point.  I have reviewed all the error messages and improved them
with the attached, applied patch, e.g.:

        cannot locate typedefs file "xyz" at /usr/local/bin/pgindent line 121.

Thanks!

--
Gurjeet Singh

http://gurjeet.singh.im/