Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?
Date
Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>  A Google search for 'libreoffice-sdbc-postgresql' actually turns up a link
> that supposed to have a .txz version for Slackware, but the only packages on
> the site are .deb. Oh, well. I'll keep looking.

I'd recommend using JDBC ODBC driver for PostgreSQL.  Open Office via
direct JDBC has a hard time with some PostgreSQL data-types.  ODBC
handles this by converting these to a text representation that Open
Office can handle.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.