Re: [BUGS] BUG #14719: Logical replication unexpected behaviour whentarget table has missing columns - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martin Garton
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14719: Logical replication unexpected behaviour whentarget table has missing columns
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks, you are right of course.  Sorry for the nouse.  (I'll now go back to trying to understand how to operate a logical replication cluster properly.)

On 27 June 2017 at 16:33, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
garton@gmail.com writes:
> The documentation states:

> "The target table can have additional columns not provided by the published
> table. Those will be filled with their default values."

> However, when I added a column on the source database, the target began to
> error:

> ERROR:  logical replication target relation "public.foo" is missing some
> replicated columns

> This seems to contradict the documentation.

Um, by my reading, what that paragraph is describing is the opposite case.
It says you can add extra columns to the target table, not the source one.

Martin Garton.