Re: Stack overflow issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mahendrakar s
Subject Re: Stack overflow issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Richard,

Patch is looking good to me. Would request others to take a look at it as well.

Thanks,
Mahendrakar.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 at 17:24, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 7:12 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 6:49 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2022-Aug-24, mahendrakar s wrote:

> Hi,
> Can we have a parameter to control the recursion depth in these cases to
> avoid crashes?

We already have one (max_stack_depth).  The problem is lack of calling
the control function in a few places.

Thanks Egor and Alexander for the work! I think we can just add
check_stack_depth checks in these cases.

Attached adds the checks in these places. But I'm not sure about the
snowball case. Can we edit src/backend/snowball/libstemmer/*.c directly?

Thanks
Richard