Re: PFA: Patch to generate universal(arm64, x86_64) binaries for macOS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Semab Tariq
Subject Re: PFA: Patch to generate universal(arm64, x86_64) binaries for macOS
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Team

In my previous email, I attached a link to the JIRA ticket and I was hoping that you can access that ticket and see the details about my patch but I was unaware that JIRA is not accessible to the community so now I am attaching the details here

Details about my patch

While trying to generate pgAgent-4.2.1 universal binaries on macOS BigSur x86_64 architecture via following command

1BOOST_ROOT=/tmp/PG-pgAgent PGDIR=/tmp/PG-pgAgent /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/PG-pgAgent -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING="x86_64;arm64" -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:STRING=10.14 -DSTATIC_BUILD=NO -D CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:FILEPATH=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.1.sdk CMakeLists.txt

I got this error in configure log

1CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:43 (IF): 2 if given arguments: 3 "NOT" "x86_64" "arm64" "STREQUAL" "" 4 Unknown arguments specified 5-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

After some debugging, I found out that the pgAgent-4.2.1-Source/CMakeLists.txt file doesn't have proper double quotes around CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES variable inside if condition so I added that, and now I am able to build pgAgent universal binaries successfully. If you don't have any concerns with my patch can someone please push the changes to the source? Thanks & Regards,
Semab