Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Svenson
Subject Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark
Date
List pgsql-general
So, one more success...

I have taken a part of the backup SQL file which fills the table

COPY dev_my_settings (.....) from stdin;
12345  text   text   0   123.345345

This file ALONE works! (without changing ANYTHING!)

So if I run the first (huge) SQL file and then the second, which fills the dev_my_settings table, everything is ok.

> The restore left you with two empty tables. What happens if you log into Postgres > via psql and then INSERT one set of values containing floats into say, >dev_my_settings?

SUCCESS! This works OK!

INSERT INTO dev_my_settings(123, 'test', 'test', 'test', 123, 123.345);

Value 123.345 can be read from pg_admin.

SHOW ALL shows English_United States.1252 for all lc_ settings (but I have tried it with German and C locale with same results)

Regards, Eric