Re: Incorrect description of autovacuum_vacuum_threshold and autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Incorrect description of autovacuum_vacuum_threshold and autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor
Date
List pgsql-docs
El jue., 27 sept. 2018 a las 18:05, Alvaro Herrera
(<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>) escribió:

> I suggest adding "This number is added to the number coming from the
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor parameter for each table" just before the
> "This parameter can only be set" phrase.  So we'd end up with this:
>
> autovacuum_vacuum_threshold (integer)
> Specifies the minimum number of updated or deleted tuples needed to trigger a VACUUM in any one table. The default is
50tuples. This number is added to the number coming from the autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor parameter for each table.
Thisparameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line; but the setting can be
overriddenfor individual tables by changing table storage parameters.

> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor (floating point)
> Specifies a fraction of the table size to add to autovacuum_vacuum_threshold when deciding whether to trigger a
VACUUM.The default is 0.2 (20% of table size). This number is added to the autovacuum_vacuum_threshold parameter for
eachtable.  This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line; but the setting
canbe overridden for individual tables by changing table storage parameters.

That looks very good IMO.

--
Martín Marqués
It’s not that I have something to hide,