Re: 9.1 replication on different arch - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: 9.1 replication on different arch
Date
List pgsql-general
2011/11/4 Hannes Erven <h.e@gmx.at>:
> Am 2011-11-03 02:40, schrieb Martín Marqués:
>>
>> Sad thing is that it's not so easy on Debian. With Fedora all I had to
>> do is select the arch type and that's all.
>
> Have a look at "dpkg --force-architecture" .

I'm having a lot of trouble with this. The server has an application
written in perl, which connects to the master PG server.

The thing is that perl needs libdbd-pg-perl to connect, which needs
libpq5, all this in amd64, but the i386 of postgresql-9.1 needs an
i386 version of libpq5 (which debian doesn't distinguish between
packages of different archs), and I can't install both versions.

What a mess!

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador