Re: 9.1 replication on different arch - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Erven
Subject Re: 9.1 replication on different arch
Date
List pgsql-general
2011-11-04 16:24, Martín Marqués:
>> Have a look at "dpkg --force-architecture" .
>
> The thing is that perl needs libdbd-pg-perl to connect, which needs
> libpq5, all this in amd64, but the i386 of postgresql-9.1 needs an
> i386 version of libpq5

Oh, I see, that's a mess. Probably there really isn't a way to solve
this... maybe you could do a parallel install of a complete 32bit Perl?
Or run your Perl app on a different machine?

In my case, I forced a 32bit libpq5 onto the system, which is required
for the postgresql-client to work, which in turn is used by the init
scripts to detect successful starting. But I don't need DBD and thus do
not have other depencies on libpq...

-hanney