inserting bytea using PHPs pg_escape_bytea() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject inserting bytea using PHPs pg_escape_bytea()
Date
List pgsql-general
I have some scripts that upload some images to the DB, specifically to
a bytea column. For that I use PHPs (all scripts are in PHP)
pg_escape_bytea (and pg_unescape_bytea after extraction) before
inserting. Images go good in the DB and are shown correctly after
extraction, so it looks like there is no problem at all.

The only concern I have is that on insertion, I get this WARNING:

WARNING:  nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 41
HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.

Should I worry? What does it mean?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador