Question about the toolchain (CGAL / SFCGAL related) - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From John Harvey
Subject Question about the toolchain (CGAL / SFCGAL related)
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble building SFCGAL / CGAL, and I wanted to ask a couple of questions about the toolchain used to build the code.  Specifically, I was wondering about builds on EL-6.

1) For EL-6 builds, what version of rpmbuild is installed (and how is it installed)?
The latest version I found via yum install is 4.8.
With the spec-file as written, I encounter the following build errors on SFCGAL:
    File must begin with "/": GLPLv2   File must begin with "/": LICENSE
From my research, this happens because non-absolute paths were added in RPM 4.11.  So, the 4.8 standard install causes problems.

2) For EL-6 builds, what version of boost-devel is installed (and how is it installed)?
It seems like Boost is a tricky thing on EL-6.  The latest RPM that is available for installation is 1.41.0.  However, without a later version, there's a compile error on CGAL 4.7:
/usr/include/CGAL/Kd_tree.h:34:37: fatal error: boost/container/deque.hpp: No such file or directory
From what I gather, deque.hpp has been relocated elsewhere in code for later versions of boost.  And, while there is a boost148 package available, it unfortunately puts the Boost include files into /usr/include/boost148 instead of /usr/include/boost.  Unless there's a way to notify the build of this differing path, the only workaround that I've found is to build a new version of boost (i.e. 1.53.0 from source).  So I'm curious how the PGDG toolchain handles this case.

Any help on these questions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  -John