Re: BUG #18076: Consistently receiving Signal 7 and Signal 11 errors - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Sanford
Subject Re: BUG #18076: Consistently receiving Signal 7 and Signal 11 errors
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom,

Thanks for that! The symlink was the issue. I recreated the symlink and it found everything. I started seeing some weird errors when running a simple test but realized that they were actually bugs in my code!

Now I'm rerunning the full suite and am no longer getting the Signal 7 or Signal 11. I'm hoping that the OS upgrade is making things work better but that also worries me.

If (when?!?!) I am able to recreate the bug I'll get a stack trace.

rjsjr

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 9:19 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Robert Sanford <wobbet@gmail.com> writes:
> The update dropped the mount point where the database was stored. I've
> restored the mount point but now PostgreSQL can't find it.
> It's looking for pg_tblspc/16392/PG_15_202209061 when that folder is
> located instead on /datadrive/pgsql/PG_15_202209061.

pg_tblspc/16392/PG_15_202209061 should be a symlink to wherever the
tablespace really is.  You could make that link by hand if it
disappeared somehow, but I think you are probably misdiagnosing
the problem.  Shouldn't you be adding something to the system's
list of mounts, instead?

                        regards, tom lane