Re: Question about copy from with timestamp format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sherrylyn Branchaw
Subject Re: Question about copy from with timestamp format
Date
Re: Question about copy from with timestamp format  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Question about copy from with timestamp format  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
From here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-copy.html

"COPY can only be used with plain tables, not with views. However, you can write COPY (SELECT * FROM viewname) TO ...."

Right, so you can COPY FROM a view, but not, as far as I can tell, TO a view, unless Alban found a workaround.