Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Swapnil Vaze
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Thanks for help!!

I am following up on that existing thread.

Thanks,
Swapnil Vaze

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 7:01 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 06/28/2017 01:28 AM, Swapnil Vaze wrote:
Hello,

I dropped and recreated foreign table with odbc_database option. Also tried to use import foreign schema object still getting same error.

CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
   odbc_table (
CTGRY_ID INTEGER,
CTGRY_CD VARCHAR(10),
UPDT_TS TIMESTAMP
   )
   SERVER odbc_server
   OPTIONS (
     odbc_database 'TESTV9',
     schema 'u90nmqd',
     sql_query 'select CTGRY_ID,CTGRY_CD,UPDT_TS from `schema1`.`table1`',
     sql_count 'select count(CTGRY_ID) from `schema1`.`table1`'
   );

I have created server with below definition:
CREATE SERVER odbc_server FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER odbc_fdw OPTIONS (dsn 'TESTV9');

So do you have a DSN named 'TESTV9' on the system you are connecting from?

If not you will need to use a driver name instead of DSN.

To test for other DBMS, I created foreign object for postgres with odbc_fdw, however it is throwing too long encoding error.

What is the exact error mesage?

Does ODBC wrapper support DB2 access?

That would seem to depend on whether you have a DB2 ODBC driver present on your machine:

https://github.com/CartoDB/odbc_fdw

"To make use of the extension ODBC drivers for the data sources to be used must be installed in the system and reflected in the /etc/odbcinst.ini file."

See also:

https://github.com/CartoDB/odbc_fdw/issues/45

I would ask there, by either responding to existing issue or starting a new issue.

Thanks,
Swapnil Vaze