Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Swapnil Vaze
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I dropped and recreated foreign table with odbc_database option. Also tried to use import foreign schema object still getting same error.

CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
  odbc_table (
CTGRY_ID INTEGER,
CTGRY_CD VARCHAR(10),
UPDT_TS TIMESTAMP
  )
  SERVER odbc_server
  OPTIONS (
    odbc_database 'TESTV9',
    schema 'u90nmqd',
    sql_query 'select CTGRY_ID,CTGRY_CD,UPDT_TS from `schema1`.`table1`',
    sql_count 'select count(CTGRY_ID) from `schema1`.`table1`'
  );

I have created server with below definition:
CREATE SERVER odbc_server FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER odbc_fdw OPTIONS (dsn 'TESTV9');

To test for other DBMS, I created foreign object for postgres with odbc_fdw, however it is throwing too long encoding error.

Does ODBC wrapper support DB2 access?

Thanks,
Swapnil Vaze