Re: New server: SSD/RAID recommendations? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vitalii Tymchyshyn
Subject Re: New server: SSD/RAID recommendations?
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hi.

How would BBU cache help you if it lies about fsync? I suppose any RAID controller removes data from BBU cache after it was fsynced by the drive. As I know, there is no other "magic command" for drive to tell controller that the data is safe now and can be removed from BBU cache.

Вт, 7 лип. 2015 11:59 Graeme B. Bell <graeme.bell@nibio.no> пише:

Yikes. I would not be able to sleep tonight if it were not for the BBU cache in front of these disks...

diskchecker.pl consistently reported several examples of corruption post-power-loss (usually 10 - 30 ) on unprotected M500s/M550s, so I think it's pretty much open to debate what types of madness and corruption you'll find if you look close enough.