Re: Pb migrating database from Postgres 8.1 to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Pb migrating database from Postgres 8.1 to 8.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> chanh.tran@free.fr writes:
>> I'm facing pbs trying to migrate my current database from Postgres 8.1 to 8.4.
>
>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: could not find function "gtsvector_in" in file
"/usr/lib64/pgsql/tsearch2.so"

> Looks like you're missing the shared library that underlies tsearch2.
> The other errors seem to be consequences of this one.

It might be cleaner to try and remove the tsearch bits from your
schema dump and get a fresh install of tsearch by itself before
strongly encourage you to try and migrate to Postgres 9.2 instead of
8.4, which is the next version to be EOL'd. It's unlikely the pain
will be significantly worse than what you are going through now.

Robert Treat
conjecture: xzilla.net
consulting: omniti.com