Re: upgrading from 8.3 to 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: upgrading from 8.3 to 9.0
Date
List pgsql-general
You could also look into upgrading via pg_upgrade, if you don't want
to go through the dump/restore cycle. Even in that case if you can do
a test of pg_dump (one for schema, one for data) and make sure it
loads into the new db without any issues. 8.3 -> 9.0 is pretty
harmless (you might want to think about 9.1 instead btw). Oh, it's
worth mentioning, you should really skim through the release notes and
make sure nothing in the incompatabilities applys to you; here's the
links to the docs:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/release-9-0.html#AEN108545
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/release-8-4.html#AEN111313
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/release-8-3.html#AEN114593