Re: How to use a cross column exclude constraint - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From chidamparam muthusamy
Subject Re: How to use a cross column exclude constraint
Date
List pgsql-novice

CREATE TABLE products (    product_no integer,    name text,    price numeric CHECK (price > 0),    discounted_price numeric CHECK (discounted_price > 0),    CHECK (price > discounted_price)
);
In the above example, column 'discounted_price'  value is checked that it should be less than the column value, 'price'.
Is it possible to add similar check condition for the columns, 'record_a_id' and 'record_b_id' that is
CHECK(record_a_id != record_b_id)
Regards,
Chidamparam