Re: The PostgreSQL homepage and release announcements - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: The PostgreSQL homepage and release announcements
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think the PostgreSQL homepage is going to cause confusion for anyone
> checking it for news of the upcoming security release.
>
> There's a big splash box titled "PostgreSQL minor versions released!"
> which mentions fixes including "a security issue", however the announcement
> does not have a date and it's not obvious that the releases listed
> (9.2.3 etc) are
> already a few weeks old.
>
> The "Upcoming PostgreSQL Security Release" announcment, which is
> tucked away unter "Latest news", also doesn't specify the upcoming
> release numbers.
>
> It might be worth updating the "splash box".
>
> Just my 2 cents...

Just a note since I see nobody responded in tihs thread - but there
was another thread on basically the same subject. Dave updated the
page yesterday I think it was, to add a date to the announcement. That
should make it clear that the current one being advertised is not the
new important one. Probably no point in doing much more than so until
we've actually pushed the releases.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/