Re: Split security info into current/historic - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Split security info into current/historic
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 01/28/2015 10:44 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com
> <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:
>
>     Folks,
>
>     I tried to split support/security into current and historic pages (the
>     later covering expired versions of postgres) ages ago and my patch was
>     rejected.  I can't find that now, and IIRC it was pre-Django anyway.
>     Can someone remind me of what the restrictions around this were, if any?
>

> One of the things on the TODO list is to move that data into the db and
> generate the page, to make it easier update and less error-prone. IIRC,
> last time we talked about the split, we said we should do the db thing
> first, and then it could easily auto-split on "affects supported version".

Is the DB move really going to happen soon enough that it doesn't make
sense to split the page now?

Well, splitting that page in any useful form source based is probably quite a bit of work. If that work is spent on db'ifying it, I think it's almost done already? :P