Re: Feature matrix versions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Feature matrix versions
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I notice that in firefox on my screen, the feature matrix (
> > http://www.postgresql.org/about/featurematrix/) wraps the last checkbox to
> > a new line, whereas in chromium it doesn't.
> >
> > That does mean we're right on the edge though, and should probably remove
> > that. I suggest we remove 8.0 from the list now, and then also 8.1 from the
> > list once 9.6 is added.
> >
> > Another option could be to linebreak the whole list, but is anybody really
> > comparing to 8.0 anymore? (We also have 7.4 in the database,  but that one
> > is hidden already)
>
> Maybe just add a line break every 4 elements or so?
>
> One thing I find even more weird about that list is that when features
> are suppressed because they're all identical in the shown versions, the
> section titles remain, with the list of versions.  That's very odd.
> Scroll down to "Network" to see what I mean.

I agree with Magnus...  What's the use in having ancient versions of PG
listed?  Surely we don't want to encourage people to use EOL versions.

I've done it for now.

The situation might also change once we have the fabled new website layout ready.