Re: moving basebackup code to its own directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: moving basebackup code to its own directory
Date
Re: moving basebackup code to its own directory
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 6:08 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking that it might make sense, to reduce clutter, to move
*backup*.c from src/backend/replication to a new directory, perhaps
src/backend/replication/backup or src/backend/backup.

There's no particular reason we *have* to do this, but there are 21 C
files in that directory and 11 of them are basebackup-related, so
maybe it's time, especially because I think we might end up adding
more basebackup-related stuff.

Thoughts?

Those 11 files are mostly your fault, of course ;)

Anyway, I have no objection. If there'd been that many files, or plans to have it, in the beginning we probably would've put them in replication/basebackup or something like that from the beginning. I'm not sure how much it's worth doing wrt effects on backpatching etc, but if we're planning to add even more files in the future, the pain will just become bigger once we eventually do it...