Re: Bug in display of commit logs on git.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Bug in display of commit logs on git.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 3:55 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2020-Jan-30, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > found a bug in display of commit logs on git.postgresql.org.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=13661ddd7eaec7e2809ff5c29fc14653b6161036
> >
> > Please note that line:
> >
> > "Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/adbd3e0b-e3f1-5bbc-21db-03caf1cef0f7@2ndquadrant.com"
> >
> > got automodified so that adbd3e0b and 03caf1cef0f7 became links to some
> > non-existing pages.
>
> Yeah, I complained about this problem a couple of years back too.  What
> we would like to have happen is that the "Discussion: " line becomes a
> link; but gitweb is not prepared to recognize the line, and it's not
> extensible.  We're not prepared to fork gitweb either, I think.
>
> I think if we had it as "Discussionlink: " then it would work:
>
>                 if ($line =~ m,\s*([a-z]*link): (https?://\S+),i) {
>                         if (! $opts{'-remove_signoff'}) {
>                                 print "<span class=\"signoff\">" . esc_html($1) . ": " .
>                                         "<a href=\"" . esc_html($2) . "\">" . esc_html($2) . "</a>" .
>                                         "</span><br/>\n";
>                                 $skip_blank_line = 1;
>                         }
>                         next;
>                 }
>
> but I'd rather patch gitweb.

We definitely don't want to carry a fork of gitweb, no.

Ifa patch can be mad generic enough and submitted and accepted
upstream, I think we could consider running a newer release than what
we have packaged, but we don't want to carry a complete fork.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/