Re: [pgcommitfest2] Sorting columns - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgcommitfest2] Sorting columns
Date
Re: [pgcommitfest2] Sorting columns  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-www

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Pierre Giraud <pierre.giraud@dalibo.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Currently on the patches page the table is sorted on the patch column by default. Latest activity/mail columns are also sortable but no one knows until hovering the column headers. And even when sorting by a column other than patch no arrow is displayed to show the current sorting.

Please find attached 2 patches respectively to fix and enhance the columns sorting for the patches table.

The attached image shows the result.

Hi!

Apologies for a very late response to this one. I put it aside for "answer quickly", and then promptly forgot.

I agree that the current indication of what's sortable is quite bad. But I don't think the new one is that much better -- we should have something much more clear than just "different amount of gray", I think.

I disagree, it looks much better than now with a really small patch.

Does anybody else have an opinion of this?