Re: Bogus reports from coverage.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Bogus reports from coverage.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 3/9/18 19:36, Tom Lane wrote:
> I happened to notice that if you look at
> https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/optimizer/util/predtest.c.gcov.html
> it claims that the two occurrences of
>       elog(ERROR, "predicate_classify returned a bogus value");
> at lines 492 and 803 are reached.
>
> This would be quite astonishing if true, but it isn't true, since
> the regression tests aren't reporting any such failure.
>
> Needless to say, this puts quite a damper on my faith in the coverage
> reports.  Maybe that machine needs a software update?

I can't reproduce this locally, so yeah, maybe we should check whether
the toolchain could be updated.

Is it specifically "lcov" we are considering here? If so, we are on version 1.13, and there is no newer version packaged for debian or from what I can tell even released?