Re: PG "Users" page? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PG "Users" page?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

https://www.postgresql.org/about/users/
>  (Under “Technology” at the bottom)
>
> Should we update that to say “Oracle” :D … or maybe just nuke that entry?

That page is completely unmaintained. I proposed removing it a couple of years back, but was met with strong objections coupled with a complete lack of volunteers to actually do the work to keep it up to date.

I strongly feel it should be removed still - it is probably responsible for 25% of emails to webmaster@ from random companies requesting inclusion.

Given that it really isn't being maintained, and that it actually takes a decent amount of time for somebody to maintain it in a way to make it actually *valuable* to visitors, I'll give a strong +1 for removing it.

If we want just a list of users, we could do that and make it self-service (meaning you just sign up and fill in your details - like we have for professional services). But that's something very different from being a featured user.