Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Date
Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Mike Toews <mwtoews@gmail.com> wrote:
Yet another metric used to define an initial release is the date of
the 1.0 version.

From the first archive capture [1] this is "Postgres95 1.0 ... Tue Sep
5 11:24:11 PDT 1995"

That is the Postgres95 version 1.0. There was also sometime in ancient history a Postgres 1.0 I believe (though I don't think it ever made it outside Berkeley?)

So it depends on if we're doing the birthday for Postgres, Postgres95 or PostgreSQL.