Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

> That is the Postgres95 version 1.0. There was also sometime in ancient
> history a Postgres 1.0 I believe (though I don't think it ever made it
> outside Berkeley?)
>
> So it depends on if we're doing the birthday for Postgres, Postgres95 or
> PostgreSQL.

We did celebrate 10 years in 2006, right? What criteria were used
then to decide? AFAIK it was the first release as a FOSS project outside
academia, and that was in 1996 as per http://www.postgresql.org/about/history/ .

The tag line was something like 10 years of Open Source or something similar.

So we should stick to that and celebrate 20 years in 2016, for consistency.

... Or just celebrate "NaN years" this year ;)

Bye,
Chris