Re: [GENERAL] Load multiple CSV file in Postgres using COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Load multiple CSV file in Postgres using COPY
Date
List pgsql-general

On Feb 17, 2017 06:53, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 2/16/2017 9:43 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

Perhaps something like "COPY FROM PROGRAM 'cat /path/*.csv'" would work for you?

he's using HEADER, so cat wouldn't work.    he's also using MSDOS/WIndows style filenames, so cat won't work, anyways..

There are windows equivalents of cat.. But you're right, I didn't think of the header part.

I'd suggest using something like pgloader, but I don't know if that runs on MS Windows, either.   its very powerful for doing bulk imports from a wide range of formats, and even allows data manipulation.

I assume it does if you can figure out how to build it. But I don't think there are any packages provided for it, so it can be a bit of a challenge.

/Magnus